Maybe if I told you one in two consumers are less likely to use your services or buy your products if you don't have a website, you might change your mind! Trends over the last few years continue to show 83% of customers prefer to deal with businesses online, but only 50% of small business's actually have a website.
20. The ship has sailed, it's time to get your business online!
If you're not convinced, here's some stats from a recent Telstra survey for our latest Website Tips 101:
- 48% of customers said they would ditch a business if it didn't have a website.
- 83% of customers said the ability to search for a business online was very important.
- Only 50% of small businesses have a website.
- Only 25% of businesses have a search engine optimised website to help their products & services stand out in online searches (and that's not including searches from mobile devices).
- Only 10% of businesses use paid searches, such as Google AdWords.
- 70% of businesses acknowledge that 24 hour, 7 day-a-week customer service is important, but only 47% of customers expected it. (This may be industry specific, so important for you to know what their own customers expect).
- 33% of customers said they preferred face to face communications with businesses. (Again, industry specific. Customers may find you online but then request a meeting before they go ahead and buy or use your services).
(The Small Business Intelligence Report was taken from research involving 1,000 customers & businesses).
If you need advice getting your business promoted online, whether it be a website, an email marketing campaign or SMS marketing, contact our team today. We offer tailored digital solutions in Melbourne and on the Mornington Peninsula.