A new website has gone live for Hilltop Caravans, just in time for Easter. Hilltop Caravans are a brand new business and needed an economical, cost effective website option to get their company online as soon as possible. WSW created a mobile optimised website to establish Hilltop's online presence and allow site visitors to view the site anywhere, any time. The site platform is scalable, additional functionality can be added at any time to allow the site to grow and expand into the future with Hilltop Caravans' success. To read more, visit our Work.
13. Optimise your website!
Following Google’s algorithm update in April, more than 33% of Australian small businesses have upgraded their websites to make sure they display on mobiles. Which part of the statistic is your business? Or more importantly which part of the statistic are your competitors? If your competitors websites have recently been mobile optimised or had an upgrade to Responsive design, their sites will already be performing better in mobile search engines.
Don't allow your website to be left behind. Consumers are still searching...will they find you? Read about Responsive design in our FAQs or contact us to discuss your options for optimising your website today.
It's official, Google is set to introduce a new mobile ranking algorithm that will reward mobile 'friendly' websites. That's the good news. The bad news is that if your website isn't mobile optimised, your website ranking will be 'penalised'.
The changes have a 21 April, 2015 release date of “penalties” on the Google algorithm for websites that are not mobile friendly. These non-mobile friendly sites will drop in rankings as mobile compliance becomes a stronger signal in the organic results.
The time to check your website is mobile optimised is NOW before the new algorithm comes into effect. Goggle has provided a review tool that tells you instantly if your website is mobile friendly (see the above pic) as well as suggested improvements if it isn't. Both tools are no cost to you and you can find them through the link below.
Contact us if you need help with your website's mobile optimisation.
Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Easter break. The team are straight back into it with our latest site upgrade going live.
Warmcoil are a loyal WSW client specialising in underfloor heating installations for domestic, commercial and industrial customers throughout Australia. Their website needed a re-fresh to include more detailed information regarding their products and services and needed to be mobile friendly. If you're looking to install under tile, carpet or timber heating as a cost effective means of heating your premises this winter, give the team at Warmcoil a call, they cater to both new constructions and renovations.
Websitewise are happy to welcome our newest client on board, Diamonds 4 Life. The team at D4L design, manufacture and create quality custom diamond jewellery from their showroom in Melbourne's North. From engagement & wedding rings, to necklaces and ear rings, in traditional or contemporary designs, D4L have something for everyone. Head on over to the Diamonds 4 Life website to have a closer look at the stunning pieces on offer. I think I'll be updating my list for Mother's Day :)
The Website Tips have been quiet of late, so I thought it was about time to get back into it for 2015. With our Mobile Optimisation special offer about to expire, our tenth tip is:
10. Market via your Mobile in 2015
As previously shared, mobile use in Australia is set to overtake desktop usage in 2015. This is good news for small business owners, who are now able to get closer to their customers than ever before with ads that are personalized, local and timely. Here are some tips on how to create a great mobile marketing strategy for 2015.
- Keep it simple - Because mobile screens have limited space, it’s important to skip the extra text, fancy graphics and drop-down menus and focus on clear, direct messages — mobile customers don’t want to pinch and zoom. Instead, give mobile customers what they need most — your location, hours of operation and information on current deals. Larger fonts and thumb-size buttons will make mobile navigation easier. Providing a phone number and a “call now” button at the top of the page can also help drive mobile traffic and increase walk-ins.
- Location, Location, Location - Mobile shoppers are on the go, and their searches often reflect immediate needs – they may be hungry, have a flat tyre or need a place to stay. The number one thing consumers use their phone internet for is to search products and services. Target local customers with offers based on their postcodes, addresses, neighborhoods, or check-in points, and provide maps to help them find you. Just as important: offer deals that are timely and relevant to your location. When rain turned the streets of New Orleans to mud before the city’s popular famous Jazz & Heritage Festival, one local business owner tweeted about rain boots for sale at her shoe store. Her boots sold out in two hours.
- Get Personal - “Awareness and presence are no longer enough for modern brands. Customers want engagement,” writes Eric Siu in Entrepreneur. Netflix, for example, personalizes movie recommendations; Amazon suggests products based on viewing histories and Facebook offers personalized news feeds. With social media giving consumers experiences tailored to their specific interests, personalization is no longer a luxury, but an expectation, he says. The good news is that personalized marketing enables brands to engage with customers on a deeper level, which drives both business and loyalty. Over 60 percent of consumers have a better opinion of brands when they offer a great mobile experience, according to the Mobile Marketing Association.
Whether you’re just getting started or reevaluating priorities for the year ahead, a focus on mobile marketing is a smart strategy for any business looking to be competitive in 2015.
Don't forget our Mobile Optimisation Special Offer expires on January 31. Back with how WSW can assist with your business mobile marketing strategy soon.
The team were busy over the Christmas break working on new projects and site upgrades that we'll showcase here this month. Several of our clients have taken advantage of our Mobile Optimisation Special Offer already, and here are the results. Essendon Physio Group and Exercise for Rehabilitation & Health are long term clients operating from their practice in Essendon North. Their sites are now Optimised to display on mobile devices, Smartphone and android. Visit the sites to check our their physiotherapy and exercise physiology services & programs and make an appointment on your mobile. The teams at Essendon Physio Group & EFRH have big things planned for 2015, which we'll share in the months ahead.
Have you made any New Years resolutions for your business? Do you have any idea how you can improve your business moving into 2015? Can mobile phone users find your business website easily? To answer these questions and continue the spirit of gift giving into the New Year to benefit our loyal customers, we thought we'd start the year off with a Special Offer!
Optimise your existing WebsiteWise website for Smartphone and android for $1,000. That's a 33% saving off the regular price of $1,500!
Interesting Mobile Usage Stats:
- 77% of Australians now own a smartphone, up 5% over the past 12 months – (Sensis eBusiness Report, September 2014).
- 55% of mobile web users now use mobile as either their primary or exclusive means of going online, an increase from 40 percent in 2013 – (InMobi Report).
- 79% of Australian mobile phone internet users regularly research products & services online – (ACMA, December, 2013).
- Of those Australians who have an internet enabled phone, 53% access the internet more than 5 times a day, and 20% access it more than 15 times a day – (Sensis eBusiness Report, September 2014).
Still not convinced? Here's more:
- 90% of all mobile searches lead to an online purchase or a visit to a business website.
- Websites that are Mobile Optimised perform better in Google rankings than websites that are not.
- Worldwide, mobile browsing will overtake desktop internet usage in 2015.
- The most popular activities of mobile users on the internet are:
- Researching products and services.
- Reading ratings/ reviews of products before buying.
- Reading online catalogues.
- Comparing websites.
To take advantage of this offer & help mobile users find your website easily, contact us today. This offer is valid for existing WebsiteWise customers only, and has been extended to 31st January. If you're not a WebsiteWise customer, Request a Quote and we'll be in touch shortly.