We're back with this months simple strategy to assist you to get the most out of your business presence online. Our fourth tip 101 is:
4. Use social media to connect with your audience
The Australian Bureau of Statistics reports that despite a high level of internet access, only 43% of Australian businesses had an online presence such as a website, eBay store or social media page. This is surprising, given 96% of consumers surveyed said they turned to the internet FIRST when searching for a product or service!
We often hear, "I don't need a website, my Facebook page is humming." Using a social media page as your only way of connecting with customers is quite risky. Nothing but YOUR OWN web destination allows you complete control over establishing your company's online services and identity. The website establishes your online presence and your Blog and social media pages help you build regular customers and reach out to them on a personal level.
- Social media helps you connect with your regular clients or customers.
- We recommend you link social media to your Home page. Customer service is still prized by consumers and if they have had a good experience they will share it with friends and colleagues and recommend your products and services.
- Each time you Blog, it's a great idea to jump onto Facebook or Twitter to let your followers know it's been updated, with a link to your Blog post.
- Helps you generate interest and traffic to your website.
- Easy way to promote new products, services, events and special offers.
Source: Hubspot & Innovated Media
WSW can assist you by linking social media to your website and customising your social pages as well as offering ongoing social media updates as and when needed.