We're back with this months simple strategy to assist you to get the most out of your business presence online. Our third tip 101 is:
3. Use video on your site, especially the home page.
It's not just the latest fad - online video marketing drives traffic to your website and keeps visitors there longer. It's proven that the amount of time a visitor spends on your website increases up to 7 times if there is a video on the landing page or a video archive that people can sit and watch all your videos.
- People want the content to come to them. Web copy is not like a book that visitors enjoy reading. If they don't have to read even better! They prefer the website that lets the information come to them without having to search for it. If they can't find the information they want quickly, they will click away from your site to find it somewhere else.
- Landing/home page videos don't have to be long, a simple introduction or welcome to the site is all that's needed.
- You Tube is the second largest search engine in the world, so its worth having videos on You Tube if they're shorter than 14 minutes. We recommend clients use Vimeo for longer videos as it allows videos to be branded with your company logo.
- If you have an Event that you want people to register for, you'll have a better success rate with the online registration if you have a short video and a call to action to register for the event on the same page as they are watching the video.
- Videos are easy to produce on your Smartphone, as many shoot in 720p HD.
- Video Testimonials - are a great way to connect with your clients, it shows you care enough about your business to share feedback from real people who have been satisfied with your products, event, promotion or customer service.
- Webmercials - are basically nothing more than a TV commercial. It can be a brief 60-90 seconds of footage about your company, event footage, a few shots of brief testimonials, and a closing shot inviting people to use your company. Placing this on the home page is ideal.
Source: Hubspot & Innovated Media
WSW can assist you implement these ideas to get the most out of your site. Check out our portfolio page for examples of our video promotion, or contact us for further information.