The madness/work continues this month, 2019 is certainly keeping the development team on their toes. In March we welcomed Anchored Fencing and Billabong Caravans onboard and completed site redesigns for Enzymate, Family Faith Centre and Morris Glen Real Estate. It's always encouraging when clients continue to partner with us to deliver their website needs and this month has seen us update websites for two of our originals! Thank you Norman and Morris for placing your trust in WSW all these years, may the privilege continue for many more.
Our FREE SSL Certification special offer continues for all new website developments for both new and existing clients. Usually $200 per year, we're offering FREE SSL for the life of your WSW website! For more info on what it is and why you need it, read our previous post Is your website HTTPS secure?
Another busy one this month welcoming Associated Mobile Cranes and completing a number of site redesigns for CDN Constructors, Wall Solutions, Clark Cranes, Total Aluminium and Kanaris Engines. Join the WebsiteWise family and experience why we have dozens of loyal customers. We offer professional web design & development services on the Mornington Peninsula and Melbourne.
Our FREE SSL Certification special offer on all new website developments is still available for both new and existing clients. For more info on SSL Certification, read our previous post Is your website HTTPS secure?
Despite it being a short working month, we updated the sites for Top Notch Towing, Metro Motor Mechanics and Legend Caravans and welcomed Golden Hand RVs onboard too. We encourage all our clients to keep their site's content and message fresh to ensure it remains relevant to site visitors and the all important search engines.
Many are taking advantage of our FREE SSL Certification on all new website developments, for both new and existing clients. For more info on SSL Certification, read our previous post Is your website HTTPS secure? and contact us to take advantage of this special offer or to schedule an appointment.
Let's get 2019 started! Hope you all had a safe and blessed Christmas season, we enjoyed many relaxing, sunny beach days with family here on the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula.
After much searching I came across this year's design trends on Shutterstock and it's no surprise 80s styling is back given the amount of young girls sporting 'mum' jeans & shorts this summer, (Levi 501s to us oldies LOL). 'Everything old is new again' in the world of fashion and design ;)
For me, dressmaking and all things fabric have been a life long passion, so I'm excited to see Japanese Kawaii, (popular in fabric design for the last 10 years), has exploded into mainstream visual design.
Follow the link on the image to see more.
The team at WebsiteWise would like to thank everyone who has contributed to a very successful 2018. We've enjoyed our most successful year ever but couldn’t have done it without our awesome clients, alliance partners and team.
We'll be closed for the Christmas break from 21 December, 2018 re-opening on Monday, 14 January, 2019. But we'll still be contactable via email if you have any service issues.
From the creative team at WSW, we would like to wish you all a safe and blessed Christmas and New Year and look forward to a refreshing and exciting 2019 for all of us!
SSL Certification and HTTPS was originally announced by Google back in 2014 and as of October this year, will be absolutely necessary for your website to appear in search engine rankings. SSL (or Secure Socket Layer) not only ensures your customers' safety when they visit your website, but improves your position on Google and helps generate new sales and enquiries. So our latest Website Tip 101 is:
21. How secure is your website?
The value of your company's online reputation can not be under estimated, what message do you want to convey to your customers? Perception is everything. By providing a secure server for your site's customers and visitors, your company is perceived as trustworthy and secure. This is essential for all websites making online sales and collecting visitor personal information.
Why you need an SSL Certificate:
- It provides a secure connection between a website's web server and site visitors' browsers, helping to prevent scams and fraudulent activity.
- Search engines, site users and browsers favour secure websites.
- It helps a website to load faster, which is another ranking factor.
- It's for the benefit of your customers to reassure them your website (& ultimately you!) can be trusted to securely safeguard any information they share on your website.
- Websites with the following features that encourage customer engagement MUST be secure - Create an Account, make an online purchase, submit credit card information, sign up for a Newsletter or Search the website.
- The most popular browser, Google Chrome, will begin displaying a warning pop up when a visitor is about to visit an unsecured website.
Websitewise are offering FREE SSL Certification on all new website developments, for both new and existing clients. So take advantage of this special offer before your website starts to slip in search engines, contact us for further information or to schedule an appointment.
A great new tool and equipment hire website has just been launched for the team at Hire House. With the success of their business, Award One Plumbing, owner Joshua Kalz saw an opportunity to diversify into providing equipment and tool hire services, requiring its own unique online presence. WebsiteWise developed a slick responsive website to display on all mobile devices and that's easy for customers to use. Check it out if you're after tools or equipment for hire across Melbourne. Read more in Our Work.
Maybe if I told you one in two consumers are less likely to use your services or buy your products if you don't have a website, you might change your mind! Trends over the last few years continue to show 83% of customers prefer to deal with businesses online, but only 50% of small business's actually have a website.
20. The ship has sailed, it's time to get your business online!
If you're not convinced, here's some stats from a recent Telstra survey for our latest Website Tips 101:
- 48% of customers said they would ditch a business if it didn't have a website.
- 83% of customers said the ability to search for a business online was very important.
- Only 50% of small businesses have a website.
- Only 25% of businesses have a search engine optimised website to help their products & services stand out in online searches (and that's not including searches from mobile devices).
- Only 10% of businesses use paid searches, such as Google AdWords.
- 70% of businesses acknowledge that 24 hour, 7 day-a-week customer service is important, but only 47% of customers expected it. (This may be industry specific, so important to know what your own customers expect).
- Only 33% of customers said they preferred face to face communications with businesses. (Again, industry specific. Customers may find you online but then request a meeting before they go ahead and buy or use your services).
(The Small Business Intelligence Report was taken from research involving 1,000 customers & businesses).
If you need advice getting your business promoted online, whether it be a website, an email marketing campaign or SMS marketing, contact our team today. We offer tailored digital solutions in Melbourne and on the Mornington Peninsula.
A great new website has just been launched for brothers Justin and Craig Hosking, the lawyers who make up the legal team at Hosking Lawyers. Hosking Lawyers provide comprehensive legal advice in the areas of Family Law, wills, probate and deceased estates, conveyancing and commercial and business legal matters for clients around Melbourne and on the Mornington Peninsula. The main brief for the new website was to develop a simple responsive design with an easy navigation experience for clients booking consultations via their mobile devices. Read the full brief in Our Work.
If you need legal representation delivered by good guys, contact the team at Hosking Lawyers. They get it!