We're back with this months simple strategy to assist you to get the
most out of your business presence online. Our fourth tip 101 is:
4. Use social media to connect with your audience
The Australian Bureau of Statistics reports that despite a high level of
internet access, only 43% of Australian businesses had an online
presence such as a website, eBay store or social media page. This is
surprising, given 96% of consumers surveyed said they turned to the
internet FIRST when searching for a product or service!
We often hear, "I don't need a website, my Facebook page is humming."
Using a social media page as your only way of connecting with customers
is quite risky. Nothing but YOUR OWN web destination allows you complete
control over establishing your company's online services and identity.
The website establishes your online presence and your Blog and social
media pages help you build regular customers and reach out to them on a
- Social media helps you connect with your regular clients or customers.
- We recommend you link social media to your Home page. Customer service is
still prized by consumers and if they have had a good experience they
will share it with friends and colleagues and recommend your products
- Each time you Blog, it's a great idea to jump onto Facebook or
Twitter to let your followers know it's been updated, with a link to
your Blog post.
- Helps you generate interest and traffic to your website.
- Easy way to promote new products, services, events and special offers.
Source: Hubspot & Innovated Media
WSW can assist you by linking social media to your website and
customising your social pages as well as offering ongoing social media
updates as and when needed.