We're back with another Website Tip 101. There are quick SEO tips you can implement that can have a dramatic impact on the amount of traffic coming to your website, so we'll cover these over several posts, starting with the basics and getting more technical as we get into it. Our first SEO tip is:
7. List your website in FREE Australian web directories for SEO purposes
Listing your business and website on online web directories is a great way of improving your SEO. Web directories rank very well in search engines and are an easy way of getting your business onto the first page of Google, especially in the early stages after your site has gone live. Although some web directories charge to list your business, there are many that let you list for free.
- Ensure all search engines, Google Places & maps and META data are optimised for your website.
- Include a Google Map on your Contact Us page and make sure it displays your business location as well as contact information to make it stand out.
- Google Places has been renamed to Google My Business and no longer automatically generates a listing for your business. You can log in to create this listing yourself to include categories for your logo, images, keywords and descriptions relating to your products and services and specific suburbs your company services. You can also claim your business location on Google Maps as part of this listing.
- Make sure any listings in web directories contain a link to your website and testimonials if allowed - there are few things Google prizes more highly than customer reviews. These listings rank well in Google and can contain your company logo, images, project galleries and even video.
Popular Australian web directories are:
Source: Hubspot & Innovated Media
WSW can assist you to set up or update your business listing on any of the web directories mentioned above, contact us if you'd like us to do it for you, or we can help you do it yourself.
WSW has a True Local listing. If you're one of our clients, please leave us a review and we'll do the same on your listing. We have used the services of many of our clients, from plumbing, LEDs, printing, security screens, frameless showerscreens and glass splashbacks to car & motor bike servicing, holiday camps and auto accessories :)
Hope you've found this useful, we'll be back with more SEO Tips soon.